UK Rail & Freight Conference
Accommodating Growth, Supporting Economic Development and the Implications of Devolving Rail to the Regions
22 Jan 2013 | 50 Broadway, London
This timely conference brings together a broad range of stakeholders to examine the economic, environmental and planning considerations associated with rail freight.
Rail freight can deliver significant economic and environmental benefits, but for the potential to be captured, the rail freight sector and local and national government need to understand one another, and develop collaborative relationships.
The potential and the challenges are enormous.
Tony Berkeley, Rail Freight Group
- Philippa Edmunds, Freight on Rail
- Peter Frost, Kilbride Group
- Nick Gallop, Intermodality
- Mike Garrett, MDS Transmodel
- Robbie Owen, Bircham Dyson Bell LLP
- Tim Robinson, Network Rail
- Maggie Simpson, Rail Freight Group
- Graham Smith, Rail Delivery Group
Who should attend?
- Integrated Transport Authorities
- Local authorities and LEP’s
- Transport and planning consultants and lawyers
- DfT, DCLG, The Treasury, Welsh Assembly and the Scottish Government
- Network Rail, ORR, RSSB
- Rail Freight infrastructure suppliers, contractors and manufacturers
- Rolling stock leasing companies
- Property developers and landowners
- Railway trade unions
- Investors, private equity companies and infrastructure funders